Arranging a Funeral
The following questions have been compiled to help you think about the decisions that you will need to make when arranging a funeral.
You are under no pressure to decide on anything at this stage, and we will be more than happy to explain everything to you face- to-face when we
meet. However, if you and your family feel that you would like to begin looking at the services we offer, please do so using the information
on this website or our services brochure if you prefer and the questions below.
When you meet with your funeral director, they will cover all elements of the funeral arrangement and explain available options in detail.
- Is the funeral to be a burial or a cremation?
- Where would you like the service to be held - a church, cemetery or crematorium chapel?
- Do you have a preference for any particular minister of religion or oﬃciant to take the funeral service for you?
- What kind of hearse do you require?
- Would you require any vehicles for transportation of mourners ?
- Where would you like the cortege to leave from ?
- Where will you be returning to after the funeral ?
- Will you be visiting the deceased in the chapel of rest to pay your last respects?
- Would you like the deceased to be wearing their own clothing or for A.W. Lymn to provide a dressing gown ?
- Are you welcoming ﬂowers to be sent to the funeral or would you prefer donations
in lieu for a chosen charity? Please note that we will collect donations on your behalf
and hold the fund open for at least one month following the funeral?
- Would you like A.W. Lymn to place any newspaper or online notices to announce details of the funeral or a personal message for you?
- Have you considered your choice of coﬃn ?
- Do you have any speciﬁc personal music that you would like to use during the service?
- Would you like A.W. Lymn to print Orders of Service ?
- Will the family want to carry the coffin, or will that be left to our professional staﬀ?
- Would you like a list of mourners attending the funeral service?
A.W. Lymn can help with all of these and any other special requirements you may have. Please remember, you do not need to consider all or any of
these questions until you feel ready. Your funeral director will be happy to discuss everything in detail with you when you meet.