Our service can be split into two types, those funerals with a burial locally, or those where the body is going for burial abroad.
The local service includes-
- Removal from a local hospital, nursing home or private address at any time and delivery to our cold room facilities or a local mosque.
- Attendance by a Funeral Director to make all necessary arrangements for registration, Gussell, take home, prayers and local interment.
- Arranging flowers if required.
- Use of Preparation Room at Robin Hood House or delivery to a local mosque for Gussell.
- Delivery to local address for viewing.
- Collection from a local address by Rolls-Royce hearse and delivery to a local Mosque for prayers.
- Attendance by Funeral Director and delivery to a local Mosque.
- Making payment of all necessary fees.
In addition to the above, for a burial abroad the following services are also included-
- Making arrangements with the Registrar, Doctor, Coroner, Medical Officer of Health and Airline.
- Carrying out embalming and providing embalming and Funeral Director certificates.
- Arranging for production of the Airline Bill. Hessian wrapping or boxing the casket to comply with Airline regulations.
- Provision of a suitable vehicle and delivery any time to London, Heathrow or Manchester Airport.
For a local burial A.W. Lymn have available at Wilford Hill a number of pre-built block chambers to a standard size. They consist of a slab foundation with a block wall chamber. The top is supported by a lintel or lintels which hold a ¾” plyboard covered with concrete slabs, then approximately 12”to 18” of soil.
In the event that a non-standard size vault is required, 2 clear days notice would normally be needed to allow time for its construction. When a vault is selected the adjacent vault may be purchased, provided full payment is made at the time for both the construction costs and cemetery fees for the purchase of the Rights of Interment.