Arthur William Lymn 1866-1929
Co-founder of the company with his son in 1907, Arthur remained the principal until his death in 1929. It was then that his wife Louisa and son Harold ran the firm until her passing in 1939. They now lay at rest together in Nottingham’s Church (Rock) Cemetery on Forest Road, the Lymn family grave was renovated in 1907 to mark our centenary.
Harold Percy Lymn 1891-1976
Co-founder of the firm in 1907, and sole proprietor from the death of his mother in 1939, until the formation of A.W.Lymn Limited, the private limited company on November 6th 1958. Harold worked in the business up until his death in 1976, a year before the firm moved to our purpose built premises at Robin Hood House.
Douglas Harold Lymn 1925-1984
Douglas, Harold’s only son, joined the firm in 1939, and became a director upon the formation of the limited company in 1958. He qualified as an Embalmer in 1955, and was successful in passing the first set of exams in the Diploma in Funeral Directing in 1958.